Let’s give back to our community, together. Free Waterfront Yoga has grown massively in popularity and size since we launced it in 2010 with about 15 participants. We’re now averaging 85+ participants at each class and anticipate way more yogis to join us at every event (amazing!). This means we could really use some assistance (ex. helping people sign registration forms, getting everyone set up) to ensure everything runs smoothly. And we’d love for you to be part of our team!
What would I do as a volunteer?
• Arrive at Owen Grundy Pier at 8:00am to provide assitance until about 9:10am
• Assist with setting up provided signage around the pier
• Tape off aisle markers on pier as lanes in which participants can set up in
• MOST IMPORTANT — Ensure EVERY participant completes a registration form in case they’ve not already registered online. Upon collecting them back, be sure they’re fully legible!
• Distribute a raffle ticket to every partipant. (FYI, winners will be chosen and announced at the end of each event, so they must be present to collect their prize.)
• Help pass out printed materials with class information to everyone at event and other interested passer-byers
• Assist partipants in finding a space on the pier within the taped off lanes. (This will get very crowded so maximizing space is essential.)
• Help answer any basic questions about classes or direct them to Michelle or Dan Timek for more information
• Encourage participants to take photos before/during/after the event and share on social media (signage will be postage at event with hashtags) so people can see what fun we’re having!
Want in?! Email Michelle at [email protected] and let her know which date(s) you would love to volunteer at before the class (from 8:00-9:00 am). Please be sure to provide your mobile number, in case we need to reach you directly. You can reach Michelle at 201.357.7292.
3rd Saturday of each month, 2016:
• June 18
• July 16
• August 20