Sunday, November 2
6 pm until we’re done
10 Regent Street, 5th floor LOUNGE
Cost : FREE
RSVP Required on facebook : Sign-up by Wednesday 10/29 so we’ll know how many people to make soup for ahead of time, at which point we’ll post the final number of participants. We’ll get comfy cozy on the oversized couches by the fireplace while we sample our yummy soups!
How Soup Swap Works :
1. Each participant (either 1 individual or 1 household) will make your favorite homemade soup to swap. Make enough soup to swap so every participant gets one contained serving. For example, if there’s 10 participants, you’ll get 10 individual soups. It’s a 1:1 soup to participant ratio.
2. Soup should be put in a 2-cup sealable and leak-proof container (ex. Ziplock or Rubbermaid brands), which is one single serving.
3. Bring all your containers of soup to the swap and we’ll gather ‘round to present and exchange our offerings.
4. Then we will choose a soup from our acquired collection to eat and enjoy together for a warm n’ fuzzy Sunday evening dinner by the fire among friends. FYI, we will have kitchen access to heat up soup, etc, if needed.
5. When you get home, enjoy a freezer full of homemade soups for the cooler months ahead. Buon Appetito!
FYI, Crusty bread, water, bowls, cutlery and napkins will be provided. If you want any wine or other accompaniments, please do bring for sharing (hint, hint).
Other Details :
• Make any soup you want. We’ll end up with a variety (soup potluck!). Even if there’s duplicates, that’s ok!
• Post if you’ll be making a VEGETARIAN or CARNIVOROUS variety so we can allocate accordingly.
• Share your recipe on this Soup Swap event page (before or after the event) so we can make your wonderful soup again at home.
ENJOY! yum, yum : )